With the New Year upon us, here is a list of things to do to make 2011 great!
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Make time to practice meditation and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
4. When you wake up in the morning, complete the following statement, “My purpose is to___________ today.”
5. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Dream more while you are awake.
8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat fewer foods that are manufactured in plants.
10. Drink plenty of water. Eat more fruit, vegetables, nuts & seeds.
11. What other people think of you is none of your business.
12. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
16. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
17. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
18. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
19. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
20. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
21. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
22. Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did in 2010.
23. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
24. Burn the beautiful candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy clothes. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
25. Forgive everyone everything.
26. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
27. Have an attitude of gratitude.
28. Stay in touch with your friends and family.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
30. Stay in the present moment!
31. The best is yet to come.
32. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: “I am thankful for __________.” Today I accomplished _________.
33. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
34. Enjoy the ride.
35. Life is precious.
I’m sure there are many more, but this is a great list to start with. The bottom line is that we need more interior time than what our busy schedules allow. More reflection time. The interesting thing is when we take it, life is much more enjoyable.
Do you have a story to share? I’d love to get your feedback. Here on my blog, you’ll get commentluv. That’s great for all bloggers out there. If you leave a comment, you can provide a link back to your own blog. But you don’t have to be a blogger to leave a comment; I’m looking forward to hearing from all of you!
Happy New Year!