This is an interesting year, 2012. It is the Year of the Water Dragon. For the Chinese, the dragon is the luckiest and most auspicious of all the animal signs. The Dragon comes to us this year with offerings of hope, strength and courage and its appearance means that big things are to come. The dragon is a symbol of power.
2012 also ends a 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar. So this year would be considered a completion year in that cycle. Just for the record, December 22, 2012 is the beginning of another 5,125-year-long cycle. (Just to counter any so-called predictions you may have heard or read). My purpose for bringing this fact in is that completion years bring a certain kind of energy with them. There is a sense of urgency to fulfill your desires and a craving to complete or become complete.
So when you combine both of these energies for 2012, you have hope, strength and courage with a sense of urgency to complete. I believe that many people are looking for something this year and I feel that it is meaning and a sense of purpose. Some are clear on their sense of purpose but some are not.
Below is a purpose finder exercise put together by Robert Allen and myself. Take some alone time and explore these questions and see if you get any clearer on your sense of purpose.
- What do I love to do?
- What activities give me the most satisfaction?
- What excites me about life?
- What is my secret ambition?
- What are my hobbies?
- What am I good at?
- What other people told me I’m good at?
- Where have I excelled in the past?
- Where have I been successful?
- What are some of my strengths?
- What is important to me?
- Why would I commit to, if money was no object?
- What do I stand for? What won’t I stand for?
- What would I be willing to risk my life for?
- Given only five years to live, what must I accomplish?
- What values guide my daily life?
- What was I born to do?
- What is my unique mission in life? My niche?
- What does God (The Creator/Infinite Power) want me to do with my life?
- What unique opportunities are placed in my path?
- Where can I make a difference?
- What do I sense is my destiny?
So even if you are already clear on your purpose, you may want to answer these questions, to get an update on where you are presently.
Here’s to your completion clarity.
I would love to hear if this exercise helped you in your completion process. If you need any coaching around this, please feel free to contact me.
I appreciate getting feedback on my post. I enjoy hearing from you and if you would like to find out more about the next Focus Into Results program, I would love to discuss how we could transform your dreams…into reality, your goals…into achievements and your focusing into results.