[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”no” hundred_percent_height=”no” hundred_percent_height_scroll=”no” hundred_percent_height_center_content=”yes” equal_height_columns=”no” menu_anchor=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_position=”center center” background_repeat=”no-repeat” fade=”no” background_parallax=”none” enable_mobile=”no” parallax_speed=”0.3″ video_mp4=”” video_webm=”” video_ogv=”” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_loop=”yes” video_mute=”yes” video_preview_image=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=””][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ layout=”1_1″ spacing=”” center_content=”no” link=”” target=”_self” min_height=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_position=”left top” background_repeat=”no-repeat” hover_type=”none” border_size=”0″ border_color=”” border_style=”solid” border_position=”all” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=”” last=”no”][fusion_text columns=”” column_min_width=”” column_spacing=”” rule_style=”default” rule_size=”” rule_color=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=””]
Here are a few ways in which you can emotionally support yourself and your mental health:
- Meditate – meditation is an important habit for improving focus, concentration, clarity and attention span, as well as having a calming effect. Benefits include: relieving stress, trauma and anxiety, calming the fight or flight trigger, counteracting aging, relieving depression, reducing insomnia, improving the immune system, increasing energy, improving communication skills, enhancing empathy, improving health, being more present, refreshing the mind, clearing the mental clutter and getting into a more expansive state. Meditation also introduces you to your inner self, your witness, your observer. Great moments of inspiration and creativity can come from those still spaces during meditation where you can connect with your inner guidance.
- Adopt an attitude of gratitude – gratitude connects you with creative thought and brings you closer to the source energy. Gratitude aligns you with abundance and increases your faith.
- Check in with your body – a mindful practice – this practice is to counter your daily frenzy of multi-tasking and bring you to a centered mindful place. A place of presence. Being with your body as it is with no judgment. It’s important to take time out for yourself, even if it is just for a moment.
- Get moving – exercise boosts energy, improves mood, reduces stress, releases endorphins, improves self-confidence, boosts brainpower, sharpens your memory and increases your creativity.
- Hydrate your body – water is important for the brain. It improves blood flow and oxygen to the brain, improves memory, counteracts mental fatigue, and maintains the balance of body fluids. Water also energizes muscles and keep joints more lubricated, helps your skin look good, improves the quality of sleep, keeps your bowels moving and aids kidney function, and eliminates toxins.
- Pop some probiotics – probiotics are live bacteria that are good for your health. Your mental and emotional balance hinge on a healthy gut environment. Almost 95 percent of serotonin (the neurotransmitter in the brain that releases feel-good chemicals) is made in your belly. You can keep your gut bacteria “healthy and happy” by including vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruit, and beans in your diet and supplementing with a good probiotic.
- Get your sleep – adequate sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle, and can benefit your heart, weight, mind, and more. Adults require as close to 8 hours of sleep per night as possible. Sleep problems are not only a symptom of depression, but also a contributor to it, so get adequate sleep.
- Keep a positive support system – having a good support system can help you tackle conditions like stress and depression. Surround yourself with people who love and care about you.
- Laugh out loud – do some laughter yoga. Laughter yoga is a unique exercise routine, which combines unconditional laughter with yogic breathing. Forced laughter soon turns into real and contagious laughter.
- Spend time in nature – going outdoors can improve your physical and mental health. So, no matter what you do outside enjoy the beauty, peace and serenity of nature.
Yes, there are many more ways to protect your mental health. Find and adopt what works for you. Wishing you a week of love, vitality and contentment.
To your good health,
Also, check out my other blogs: